
Yet again, my son has fallen into the coffee table. I've always thought those bumper pads were kind of ridiculous to cover your tables in, but I am beginning to think they do serve a great purpose. This is at least the 6th time my son has gotten hurt on the table. Honestly, our space is too small anyway to have the coffee table in it. We should just get a couple of side tables and get rid of the coffee table.
It was the pull the chair out from underneath you sort of deal. As I was moving the table back to the center of the room, I think he went to lean on it, not realizing I had moved it. So he face planted into the side and hit is lip. I watched it happen so I grabbed him up quick and started to console him. There was a small amount of blood on his upper lip under his nose, though I am not sure out it all worked out since he did in fact hit his lip. It became slightly blue.
The best part of a fat lip is the healing/soothing that comes right after. I gave him his Pooh Bear ice pack as I usually do. Whenever he gets hurts and I hand it to him, instead of placing it on his injury he just sucks on it. Today that worked out well. Another great alternative though would have also been he Otter Pops we have in the freezer. They soothe their lip with ice while eating a treat. I suppose any variation on frozen treat would work in this matter. Ice cream, Popsicle, fruitsicle etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment