Saturday, August 22, 2009

Cloth Diapers Again, and a giveaway.

Feed Your Stash Friday: August 21-28, 2009


I've been watching this blog for a while now, and they do a weekly give away of cloth diapers. Be sure to check out their store http://www.diaperjunction.com for great options and prices on diapers and accessories and more. This week's giveaway is particularly exciting to me.

After about a year and a half of searching for the perfect cloth diaper combo for me, and much wasted money later on diapers that didn't work out, I feel I have finally found the match.

The last fitted diapers I bought were the Bum Genius Bamboo and the Thirsties Fab Fitted. The Bum Genius were small and trim and very soft on the outside. The problem with them is that I think it is just bamboo around one of their basic microfiber inserts, and I do not like their microfiber inserts. If I were to have tried just those diapers, MAYBE I would say Bum Genius is OK. But I have tried many of their products and I have yet to be impressed. Somehow though, they seem to be the most popular and successful of all the diapers out there. I'd like to replace all their stuff with the GroBaby diapers at least. I haven't tried those long enough to know, but I think it is a much better one size diaper.

Now, the Thirsties Fab Fitted, that is a great diaper! It comes in fun colors, it's a decent price, it's very soft, fits wonderfully, dries fast, washes well, and absorbs a lot. After I decided this could finally be my winning fitted, I bought 6 more in different colors and I am loving diapering life. And how awesome is it that this weeks givaway is all about the Thristies company?

I also finally bought some pre-folds. I have read so much about cloth diapers and in my research have found many many moms who say pre-folds are their favorite, so I had to try them. Sure enough I do like them a lot, and not to mention all the other great uses they have if I should ever not use them as diapers. Of course, they do not have a tight, containing, fit like fitteds do, but they absorb very nicely, they wash and dry wonderfully, and I hear they pretty much last forever. The best part about the fitteds I guess would be the price.

As for the cover, I have a few different brands. I just bought the Thirsties duo to try. I know I like the Aristocrats Wool for overnight. My fave is the Stacinator Fleece, which no one seems to carry anymore. But, that diaper cover isn't waterproof, just resistant, still I have never had a leak with it. So I cannot say what the best cover is based on price or function yet.

My search will continue of course, but on the other hand this is a search while my son is almost out of diapers, the perfect match could be different for a newborn, or infant, we will see. My son is doing so well with potty training that I'm scared ha ha. I am so in love with cloth diapering. It fascinates me so much I cannot wait to have another child just so that I cloth diaper it. I might have to seek out Cloth Diapers Anonymous.


Top Mommy Blogs - Vote for us @ TopMommyBlogs.Com!

1 comment:

Bryana said...

Thank you so much for your link to Soft Cloth Bunz. We have just changed our name to Diaper Junction. Would you be willing to change your link(s) from Soft Cloth bunz to www.diaperjunction.com? I'd be truly grateful.

TIA!
Bryana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...