Monday, August 30, 2010

First Day of Preschool

Today was the big day. My little boy had his first day of preschool this morning. It was fun, liberating, emotional, and exciting. For both of us. 

When I first signed him up, I listed only Monday and Wednesday, thinking I wouldn't be able to handle more than that to start with. Then I quickly realized how hard life can be with a toddler and a new baby. Along with my daily chores and tasks, my passion for blogging and writing, as well as my own schooling starting at the same time. I figured I might get a lot of use out of that time, so I put him on Monday - Thursday from 9-1. It will allow me around 3 to 3 1/2 hours with only the baby to get all my responsibilities taken care of. In the meantime, my son will be fed breakfast and lunch (a huge stress for me sometimes), the times of our whole schedule are perfect, the gym and his nap fall into place perfectly each day, right after I pick him up, and he gets some playtime with other kids and out of the house. 

What this all means to me is that I should be more sane by actually having the time to get things done, I should have a little more quality one on one time with both the baby and my Husband, I won't have to stress about my son eating on time, and enough, and it gets me up and out early to prevent lazy days.

Today, was the first day. I brought my son into the room and he was immediately invited to sit down and enjoy some breakfast. He ate every last bite of it. I loved how the teacher pours a little milk into a small cup so the kids can then pour it into their own glasses, themselves. After breakfast, I showed him where the bathroom was, how to wash his hands, and who he needed to go to for anything he needed. Then it was just, "Bye Mama!" and I (choked up) said bye to my little man, and left. 


Click here to Vote!! - Vote for us @ TopMommyBlogs.Com!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww!! My dd starts preschool next week! I feel the same way =) (I also have an 8 month old) Glad to hear he had a good first day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...