Sometimes, you get so caught up in the adventures of the day, that you forget to pay attention to details. That is right about when your kids pop in and send you a big ol' eye opener to remind you to watch it! That happened to me today.
We were having a busy day, which means of course, that the baby was getting into everything she could. She was being a curious little one year old all day. When we were sitting in the van waiting for their dad to run an errand, I turned around to talk to the kids. I was playing by asking the baby, "Baby Girl, why you being so naughty?" Immediately, my son chimes in, "Because, she's a b*tch!". Ok, I'll admit, it was so shocking and unexpected that I chuckled a little. Then I calmed myself and explained to him that it wasn't a nice thing to say and we should not speak that way about our sisters because we love them and should respect them. I could tell he knew right away the right from wrong in the situation.
I can honestly say this didn't come from me. I never call people this. However, I do curse, and I am still responsible for being mindful of the things I say in front of the kids, as well as the things others say in front of them. I have witnessed them copying other people they are around often. (case in point) Thankfully, our son is very receptive when we tell him some words are not good words, and we should not say them. My awareness has been turned back on for now though. I am still shocked he said that. I will aim to be more mindful of my words for the kids.
Top Mommy Blogs - Vote for us @ TopMommyBlogs.Com!
No comments:
Post a Comment