Friday, July 2, 2010

Inside a Moms Day

I was tired this morning, after getting up every two hours to give my feverish son medicine. Then I got up at 6 to feed the baby. I got another hour nap right after that, which helped, but I guess I'm still tired because I have no memory today.

After a series of events leading up to me getting a little stressed, I told my husband I needed to go to lunch (it's my thing for a good time and stress reduction). Got in the car, thought I forgot my phone, went back in to get it and noticed my package that needed to be shipped. Turns out I didn't forget my phone. Then I headed to Mc Donald's to get my son's lunch on the way to the restaurant (which he won't eat at) and I ended up going to the Mc Donald's in the opposite direction. There was one other thing too.... but I forgot haha.

After lunch, and back home, it just continues.

**Disclaimer:: Mommy Moment ahead***
(They say all moms experience it, but honestly, I usually don't. I am still partially normal I guess)

I started a load of laundry, mainly to wash our two throw rugs. On the way to the bathroom to get the rug in there, I passed the closet. I remembered I had I to take a dress out of the closet for my daughter to wear for pictures. While there I remembered the time and told my son it was nap time. He asked to read a book, so we grabbed "Green Eggs and Ham" and he started reading it to me. Just as I was sitting there thinking how adorable it was to have my two year old read me a book, the baby started to cry. I put the book on "pause" and went to get her to join us. After picking her up, I passed the washing machine and saw it running with nothing in it, because I got distracted earlier. I tried putting some clothes in with my free hand (baby in the other) and I accidentally squished her foot between me and the washer. I put her down, finished loading it, and went back to my son. We finished the book, he went to bed. I sat down to feed the baby, then the washer got off balance. I tried to balance the two rugs in it, when I realized.... the bathroom rug never made it in. Oh well, next load. On the way to get the rug to remember it next load, I remembered I never took out the dress....


this will continue all day so I will stop there.


Top Mommy Blogs - Vote for us @ TopMommyBlogs.Com!

6 comments:

Mama Hen said...

I am a new follower! Come visit Mama's Little Chick when you can! I hope you have a great 4th of July!

Mama Hen
www.mamaslittlechick.com

Cameron said...

I gave you an award today on my blog!!

http://www.ingenuemom.com/2010/07/award-season.html

Mama Hen said...

Thank you for following! have a great day!

Mama Hen

Amy Walker said...

This is great..well..I know it wasn't fun but this kind of thing happens to me all the time when I'm sleep deprived and it's nice to know I'm not the only one!! I put my plate of leftovers in the fridge to warm up the other day after I'd already opened the microwave!!!!
Hope your baby is feeling better! Fevers are the worst!

Amy Walker said...

P.S. an award for you here:
http://thecheapandchoosy.blogspot.com/2010/07/blog-with-substance-award.html

Jennifer Ray said...

Ahhh, a mother's work is seldom done. Probably due to the fact that we have so much to do. I remember years of you telling me I was a spaz and always busy...Now I think you understand why (especially with me having 5). Welcome to....multi-children motherhood! It's so nice when your children finally get a chance to see why their mother did the whacky things she did! Love U - Mom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...