Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Raising Kids in This World


There is this one dilemma that I have thought of on numerous occasions. I spend quality time with my son, continuously teaching him to be kind, gentle, polite, and nice to everyone around him. We both take the time to enforce this, especially when it comes to his peers. I am proud of this, and my husband is right there by my side teaching the same principles. As hard as we do try to bring up a great, well behaved child, we are learning there is a certain negative factor that comes into play by doing this. Not one that would keep us from doing what we do, though. That is, many other people in this world do not have the same values as us, and are raising rude, punk kids.

Why is this such a problem for us? It becomes increasingly harder to find good friends for our son to play with, because he either gets beat up on, or gets his feelings hurt by them. Some might say our son is too sensitive, but I of course, will argue this because he is a sweet caring boy who shares love and joy in his life. When someone snatches that away from him, in one way or another, he cries. I understand because I too, have been sensitive like that. Most often the case is that people who's children act in such rude ways, are the type of parents that just don't care enough to teach and/or discipline their children.

So, with this I wonder, how can we teach our kids to have these principles and values, while still teaching them ways to defend themselves against the mean in this world? How can we feel that what we are doing with our children is vital to the future generations, when so many others are taking the opposite, and most often, negative road to behavior? Why have so many people given up on respect and the simple ways of life? Is this just an American thing? So many questions arise with this subject, these are just a few.



How do you handle bullying kids? Is your child a bully to others, and if so how do you handle that?

No judgment here, I'm just curious, and learning to raise a toddler.





Top Mommy Blogs - Vote for us @ TopMommyBlogs.Com!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...