I stood there eating one of the delicious new "Nature Valley Granola Thins Dark Chocolate " bars, with the fridge door wide open, cold air blowing out onto my sticky after shower body while the baby's bottle was warming up and I couldn't help but wonder how many other mothers experience insane days like mine. Not 15 minutes prior, I had arrived home from my (second) shopping trip to Target. With my new coupon saving/ad watching/bargain hunting adventures in shopping, I had to leave mid shopping trip to pick up my son from preschool. I was rushing into the house with the kids and the bags, desperate to get the cold stuff from the first trip into the freezer. I also needed to figure out what to eat, because if I went any longer it would have become yet another day of "headaches due to not eating in time". Oh, how I despise those days. Frantically, I threw into the microwave, *one serving* of Tyson popcorn chicken. I am being very good about my new "temporary calorie counting diet". I threw all the frozen crap into the freezer and rushed into the shower, bowl of chicken in hand.
See, Mother Nature has this cruel idea to play pranks on us women every month. Today, happened to be such a day she saw fit to flow as heavy as she could. This left me, trying to get my son in bed for his nap, trying to get frozen items cold, and trying to eat lunch before I got a headache. All the while I felt the "overflow" of my lovely DivaCup making it's grand arrival. So, chicken in hand, I rushed to the shower, and ate it while in the shower. The shower which was so much desired after my work out this morning. 4 hours after my visit to the gym, I finally got my chance to get cleaned up and fed.
Flashing forward again, there I stood, munching on my new snack (which tasted like a smores minus the marshmallow), letting the cold fridge air cool down my body. For just a moment there was a peace around me, a calm before the storm, so beautiful and quiet. Then the baby decided she was hungry and began to wail.
2 comments:
I really like your blog. I found you through follow back Tuesday. Feel free to check out my blog at:
http://canadianmom-whatsonmymind.blogspot.com/
Take care and make it a great day:)
Jen
I gave you a trendy blog award: http://jsknowlton.blogspot.com/2010/11/trendy-blog-award.html. -Shonda
Post a Comment