Tortilla Soup
I've become a huge fan of tortilla soup in the last few months. I now try it at every restaurant that offers it, but I have still found my personalized recipe to be my fave. How awesome too, cause that means I can have it whenever I want it. YAY! It's not spicy at all, and has a lot of flavor without adding any spices to it.
Ingredients Needed
4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
3 cups water
2 cartons chicken broth
1 yellow onion quartered
1 cup diced tomatoes
juice of one lime
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
*toppings for each bowl*
1/2 avocado
handful of broken tortilla chips
1/4 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
Supplies Needed
5 qt dutch oven
knife
cutting board
two forks
medium bowl
ladle
bowls
spoons
measuring cups
Directions
1) combine water, broth and onion in 5 qt dutch oven and bring to boil.
2) add chicken (frozen OK), tomatoes. Boil until chicken is poached (about 12 minutes)
3) remove large onion pieces and discard.
4) remove chicken and using two forks, coarsely shred, then return to pot. Reduce heat.
5) add lime juice and simmer for another 5 minutes.
6) turn off heat and add cilantro.
7) Ladle soup into bowls and add the toppings. Serve.
Top Mommy Blogs - Vote for us @ TopMommyBlogs.Com!

1 comment:
Hi!
Seeing that you’re a green advocate I wanted to reach out and see if you were interested in an article that I recently have written. It's on the Olympics and the steps they're taking to go green and decrease the environmental impact that it has. While sports is something far from the topic of your blog, I think that you will find it interesting and informative, and not overwhelming on the sports content.
I want to spread awareness of the fact that even though the Olympic Games are fantastic and unifying, they are it's quite a carbon-rich event and are not that environmentally sound. I think you and your readers of (http://www.organicparenthood.com/) will find it a unique topic and a fun read.
Also I would be interested in hearing about any advertising opportunities you may have at the current time. I look forward to hearing back from you!
---------
Nerissa Barry
nerdbarry@gmail.com
Post a Comment