To get you to where I was, my son had a week long stomach virus so I was still on constant look out for symptoms even though he had been in the clear for three days. Also, after being out earlier in the day and being told by my husband that he was whining the whole time, I also was looking for reasons as to why he would be cranky.
Of course men might always think babies are just fussing. They don't all comprehend that when babies cannot tell you what they want, they cry, and he just thinks I'm insane for saying I can tell the difference between our sons many cries.
He started to fuss, and it gradually grew to more of a cry. On my symptom lookout I had noticed he was pretty bloated so I began to get concerned at this point. I had just heard him grunt a little, but since he had two full poops during the day it didn't cross my mind he had pooped again. Once he began to really cry I knew for sure something was up and I tried to figure it out. I began to take off his clothes to figure it out. I checked his diaper and low and behold he HAD pooped again . Just a little, and it hadn't been there longer than 10 minutes but he was now screaming in pain. I took his diapers off and found out in that short amount of time he was getting severe diaper rash. I don't know what I fed him that could have been so acidic or anything else that would burn him so bad. So I couldn't wipe because that clearly hurt him. I just placed him in the bath. He stayed fussy most of the time but tried to play. After the bath he was ok until I rubbed the ButtPaste on him. He screamed some more. I struggled to finish dressing him, gave him his bottle of milk and rocked him to sleep.
What I learned is that it's still the best feeling in the world to be able to hold and soothe your child. Also, never underestimate the amount of poop in your child. If something is wrong always check the diaper.
Top Mommy Blogs - Vote for us @ TopMommyBlogs.Com!
Of course men might always think babies are just fussing. They don't all comprehend that when babies cannot tell you what they want, they cry, and he just thinks I'm insane for saying I can tell the difference between our sons many cries.
He started to fuss, and it gradually grew to more of a cry. On my symptom lookout I had noticed he was pretty bloated so I began to get concerned at this point. I had just heard him grunt a little, but since he had two full poops during the day it didn't cross my mind he had pooped again. Once he began to really cry I knew for sure something was up and I tried to figure it out. I began to take off his clothes to figure it out. I checked his diaper and low and behold he HAD pooped again . Just a little, and it hadn't been there longer than 10 minutes but he was now screaming in pain. I took his diapers off and found out in that short amount of time he was getting severe diaper rash. I don't know what I fed him that could have been so acidic or anything else that would burn him so bad. So I couldn't wipe because that clearly hurt him. I just placed him in the bath. He stayed fussy most of the time but tried to play. After the bath he was ok until I rubbed the ButtPaste on him. He screamed some more. I struggled to finish dressing him, gave him his bottle of milk and rocked him to sleep.
What I learned is that it's still the best feeling in the world to be able to hold and soothe your child. Also, never underestimate the amount of poop in your child. If something is wrong always check the diaper.
Top Mommy Blogs - Vote for us @ TopMommyBlogs.Com!
No comments:
Post a Comment