Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Enhancing Disneyland

For our trip yesterday I had done quite a bit of research on tips, hints, and tricks for enjoying the expereience at Disneyland. What prompted my search is the rumor I heard about Disneyland being required to give you one toy per child if you cannot afford to buy them. I still have not found any confirmation to this rumor, nor have I tried it yet myself. I have no clue if it were true if you'd need some kind of proof. But if it is true, don't expect Disney to confirm it or advertise it. What a huge loss it would be if lots of people found out :X

I did find some cool websites though.
Snopes.com lists rumors, and facts about the park and all things related. Most of them have to do with actual events rather than tricks for the park, but it's still interesting.
Yesterland.com provides awesome information on "old" Disneyland, with amazing old picture as well.
Disneyland Vacation Tips is a great website for all kinds of tricks to use to maximize the fun. I enjoyed this website and wrote down quite a few.

The compliation of tips I wrote down and took with us were as follows...

1) If you buy coffee, save your cup, you can get free refills all day long.
2) Broken or lost balloons (with proof, even if found) can be replaced free with any balloon vendor.
3) Ask to go in the very front of the Train, Monorail, and Mark Twain's Boat for a special experience.
4) Visit the Hanuted Mansion elevator for a different view that most don't see.
5) Try to take the golden apple after the Snow White ride and wait for a surpirse.
6) Watch above the Snow White ride to catch a glimpse of the evil Queen.
7) After leaving the Heffalump and Woozle Honey Room in the Winnie-the-Pooh ride, turn around and look up to see the past still there. Three moose heads from the old Country Bear Jamboree which used to stand in that same place.
8) Ride Peter Pan first thing in the morning. It usally fills up fast and stays packed all day long.
9) Most people travel to Tomorrowland or Adventurland first. Head to Fantasyland or Toontown to beat some crowds.
10) The line on the right for Pirates of the Carribean is shorter.
11) Get drinks at Rancho Del Zocalo and go back for free refills all day.

We tried all those and they worked for us. Good luck to anyone who goes.


Top Mommy Blogs - Vote for us @ TopMommyBlogs.Com!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...