When I was a child I was just like all other kids. I enjoyed watching a clown make fun shapes out of long balloons. My mom even went into this business temporarily (as a Gemini, she has dabbled in everything). Through her experience, I myself learned to make a couple animals when I was around 11 or 12. All fun times. I remember though, these fun animals were usually only about a dollar. Things certainly have changed since then, and I wouldn't even say it was that long ago. I'm only 24.
My son and I went on a fun adventure to our local Farmer's Market today. When he spotted the balloon artist, he was quick to tell me he wanted one. Only having a little bit of cash left, I thought it would be nice to treat him to something affordable. We waited in line while the boy in front of us got this extravagant alien made. He charged the boy $6, so I still continued to feel a plain heart would only be a buck. That's what my son wanted.
We were up and my son tells the man, "heart, please" to which the man (not dressed up) replies, "you want a robot?". Of course this got my son excited. He told me it's $6 for the big one and $4 for the smaller one. "That's nice, but we only have $3 left". What we got for that amount was the common and ultra simple, dog. I believe this is the first thing every balloon artist learns to make. For $3! I know I heard him hand a heart balloon to a child before us, for $1. So basically, this guy was a great salesman of balloon creations. My son was happy though. He accidentally popped the head on the way home. Besides that, he has been enjoying it. I guess it was just another one of those things.
No comments:
Post a Comment