Saturday, April 17, 2010

Tattooed Park Baby


We got invited to my little sisters elementary school Luau Carnival. I remembered loving the school carnivals when I was in elementary, so of course, we went. Actually, I thought it was going to be more like my old school's carnivals (the schools are in the same city). It wasn't until we got there we found out it was luau themed. It was a lot of cute fun, as I do love anything Hawaiian! My son, as usual, had a blast. Total gang there: My 9 year old sister and her mom (my step-mom), my dad for a little bit, my one older sister, her two kids aged 5 and 8, my 15 year old sister, my son, and myself.

I immediately regretted my choice of pants for the day. Living is West Los Angeles, next to the Venice Beach breeze, I always forget the San Fernando Valley is much hotter. Being pregnant certainly doesn't help either. I had some sharp pains in the morning, mixed with the heat, all I wanted to do was drink water and sit. Luckily, my older sister and I found a shady bench to occupy the whole time. Even more luckily, is was right in front of the playground. We got to watch our younger sister play with our three kids the whole time. It's always awesome when the kids think the free activities are better than the paid ones.

My step mom did treat my son to a few games. One of those ticketed games was an airbrush tattoo. During the time he got it I had to leave for a moment. When I came back he excitedly showed me which tattoo he got. When I expected him to raise his arm and show me the turtle he announced he was going to get, I see instead, a heart tattoo that reads "Mom". Aww, cute. But I hope he doesn't do that for real later in life :)

Short and simple those were my parenting adventures for the day.

1. ALWAYS dress cool and comfy on outings while pregnant.
2. Relax and enjoy the freedom of siblings watching your kids do free things.
3. Encourage your children to choose, when it is for them, (as much as possible) and one day they will turn around with a pleasant surprise for you.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...