Certain various time in my life I have fallen into moods in which I feel I try to hard to be someones friend and then I decide to stop trying for a while. Being one who values myself enough to not beg anyone for the time of day I have quite unexpectedly run into this problem far more than I wish to. Although, I think I might finally be learning. Or not?
Going to the park with my son is something amazing to experience. Children have no problem whatsoever making friends. (well, most I should say) They just see a kid and start a conversation, or even just start playing a game no questions asked. Often, this friendship lasts for a while. I got to thinking that since the parents are there with their children, and since our kids might like each other, then quite possibly I too could make friends. It seems to be much more complex than that with adults.
I have been to many great public outings with my son in which we are both surrounded by many potential friends. Now, my son is very young still so he isn't too interested in actually playing with other kids, the other kids like to run amok and be mean to him. That is problem one. Weeding out the parents who don't pay any attention to their beast children greatly reduces my number of potential friends. Second thing that seems to lower my chances of a friendship is that so many parents around me seem to be so full of themselves and so pretentious. I just don't see why their rich, snotty, spoiled asses cannot accept the fact that many great people in the world just don't have a lot of money, and more than that, don't enroll their kids in so many activities that there is no allotted time for parent child interacting. Money I may not have, but love and respect I do.
Then comes the problem of when you do meet a person, who seems like the one. This person may share all your beliefs, all your morals, all your interests and have "Best Buddy" written all over them. Then you get stood up. Who knows, maybe something went wrong. In my current situation I just have had enough of trying so hard to be someones friend, or trying too hard to be liked.
What we should be doing is being our true selves. If this bothers anyone at all, then you don't want to be around those people. After all... who wants to be around anyone you have to be fake with? If you feel you try too hard with a person, try not to worry or care for a while and see if the care and concern is reciprocated. If not, you might want to re-evaluate your relationship. If it is, then maybe you can rekindle what you two once had and therefore stop worrying about making new "friends".
Top Mommy Blogs - Vote for us @ TopMommyBlogs.Com!
Going to the park with my son is something amazing to experience. Children have no problem whatsoever making friends. (well, most I should say) They just see a kid and start a conversation, or even just start playing a game no questions asked. Often, this friendship lasts for a while. I got to thinking that since the parents are there with their children, and since our kids might like each other, then quite possibly I too could make friends. It seems to be much more complex than that with adults.
I have been to many great public outings with my son in which we are both surrounded by many potential friends. Now, my son is very young still so he isn't too interested in actually playing with other kids, the other kids like to run amok and be mean to him. That is problem one. Weeding out the parents who don't pay any attention to their beast children greatly reduces my number of potential friends. Second thing that seems to lower my chances of a friendship is that so many parents around me seem to be so full of themselves and so pretentious. I just don't see why their rich, snotty, spoiled asses cannot accept the fact that many great people in the world just don't have a lot of money, and more than that, don't enroll their kids in so many activities that there is no allotted time for parent child interacting. Money I may not have, but love and respect I do.
Then comes the problem of when you do meet a person, who seems like the one. This person may share all your beliefs, all your morals, all your interests and have "Best Buddy" written all over them. Then you get stood up. Who knows, maybe something went wrong. In my current situation I just have had enough of trying so hard to be someones friend, or trying too hard to be liked.
What we should be doing is being our true selves. If this bothers anyone at all, then you don't want to be around those people. After all... who wants to be around anyone you have to be fake with? If you feel you try too hard with a person, try not to worry or care for a while and see if the care and concern is reciprocated. If not, you might want to re-evaluate your relationship. If it is, then maybe you can rekindle what you two once had and therefore stop worrying about making new "friends".
Top Mommy Blogs - Vote for us @ TopMommyBlogs.Com!
No comments:
Post a Comment