Sunday, October 14, 2012

30 Days of Books: 14: Big Pumpkin

Big Pumpkin
By Erica Silverman

I enjoyed this story. I thought it was set up like a typical children's book. You kind of guess what is going to happen, but then again you don't. There is a short and simple lesson about not underestimating someone, knowing strength is more than muscle, and the important effect of teamwork. However, the problem for us was the story stumped my 5 year old because he couldn't figure out why they wouldn't just do the simple solution. His idea was far more brilliant than the one in the book.... but I guess the simple solution wouldn't make a silly story now would it?

All book titles above, in the "30 Days of Books", will lead you to the Amazon link where you can purchase the book. However, I encourage you to take your kids to your local library to hunt them down. Wonderful experiences and values can be taught, and most libraries now have online catalog search so you can check to see if they have it before you leave your house. (But book lovers like yourself would still find something to come home with if they didn't have the book you were searching for right?)

Top Mommy Blogs - Vote for us @ TopMommyBlogs.Com!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...