By Jimmy Pickering
This might possibly be my favorite book yet from this 30 Days of Books. I had a lot of fun with the art, the story, everything. It has such a Tim Burton feel I had to do a double take on the author.
I always get into the books with the kids, but this one I decided to go all out with my character voices. My son had me rolling in laughter because right when I start in with the "voice" of Skelly, he says, "Wow, Skelly has a really cute voice". He commented on a few more characters as well. I thought it was adorable that he seemed to think these were just the voices of the characters. He had me read it again right after.
Thankfully, this story is short and sweet because my better voices take quite a toll on my throat. I highly recommend this book, and it looks like it has a sequel as well.
All book titles above, in the "30 Days of Books", will lead you to the Amazon link where you can purchase the book. However, I encourage you to take your kids to your local library to hunt them down. Wonderful experiences and values can be taught, and most libraries now have online catalog search so you can check to see if they have it before you leave your house. (But book lovers like yourself would still find something to come home with if they didn't have the book you were searching for right?)
Top Mommy Blogs - Vote for us @ TopMommyBlogs.Com!

No comments:
Post a Comment