Thursday, May 6, 2010

Hair All Gone

Yesterday, we were visiting grandparents. While we were there, our son played out in the backyard. When he came in, his clothes were covered in ants. I took him outside to clean them all off and did a hair check as well. While I was looking at his head I realized he had something strange going on with his scalp. In the area he had had some sand in recently, I found a strange almost scab, almost dandruff "growth" around each hair follicle. The only way I can describe it, is like mild cradle cap. I have no clue what it was or where it came from, or if that sand I mentioned was any culprit in this matter.

Today, I decided I would cut his hair. He's been so hot lately, filling his pillow case with sweat during nap time. I figured the best thing I should do, was to buzz it all off and get a good close look at this stuff on his head. Meanwhile, he will feel cool in the coming summer months. Best of all, hair grows back.

I buzzed him to a zero and found myself looking at a poor little bald baby. He looked funny with his new do, but I got a great look at his scalp. It was a much larger area of head than I had suspected which was affected, but I could still only describe it as cradle cap. Luckily, having a baby on the way, we had the solution to this problem in the house. I rubbed in the cradle cap care cream and let it sit while he got in the bathtub to wash off all the fresh cut hair. I then scrubbed this strange stuff right off his head and washed his hair thoroughly. Lot's of nastiness came off his head and after the bath, he was clean fresh and "strange growth stuff" free. I may never know what it was, but at least it's gone. And so is his hair, which is sad, but like I said.... it grows back.





Top Mommy Blogs - Vote for us @ TopMommyBlogs.Com!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...