Maybe it was a month ago now that my son got a small cut on his finger. Whoo hoo! I could finally use one of the many cute band-aids I had been collecting over the past year or so, in hopes of using them to cheer up a poor little boy who accidentally got hurt. It worked just as planned too. He cried, I pulled out the band-aid basket, got him all fixed up and watched him smile as the pain turned to happiness over having a Hulk band-aid on his little cut finger. What I didn't realize, was what this event would provoke in him.
Every single bump and bruise now, he wants a band-aid. He knows where they are, and if I give him the go ahead, he will go get himself one. He also offers them to me whenever I say, "ow". Although, he does also offer me a kiss wherever I may hurt. Very cute to have my son kiss my belly when I tell him, "Ouch, the baby is hurting me". All of this isn't so much a problem, but he is doing is too often and we may run out of band-aids for a time when we really need them. I do not always let him go and get one, I tell him to shake it out if it was a bump.
Cheap little band-aids from the dollar store are no big deal, he can play with those. However, lately he has been going for the large size Spongebob ones which I found on clearance at Target. These, we are in shorter supply of, so I cannot let him get his own band-aids anymore, as he will always choose these mega huge ones. Today he told me he cut his toe and needed a band-aid. I said, "Go ahead and go get one". What I come back to find is a little boy with a band-aid so large, wrapped around his toes, that the whole top half of his foot was covered. The worst part... after the band-aid is on for 30 seconds, he says, "I feel better", takes it off, and tosses it in the trash. Ugh.... :)
Top Mommy Blogs - Vote for us @ TopMommyBlogs.Com!
Every single bump and bruise now, he wants a band-aid. He knows where they are, and if I give him the go ahead, he will go get himself one. He also offers them to me whenever I say, "ow". Although, he does also offer me a kiss wherever I may hurt. Very cute to have my son kiss my belly when I tell him, "Ouch, the baby is hurting me". All of this isn't so much a problem, but he is doing is too often and we may run out of band-aids for a time when we really need them. I do not always let him go and get one, I tell him to shake it out if it was a bump.
Cheap little band-aids from the dollar store are no big deal, he can play with those. However, lately he has been going for the large size Spongebob ones which I found on clearance at Target. These, we are in shorter supply of, so I cannot let him get his own band-aids anymore, as he will always choose these mega huge ones. Today he told me he cut his toe and needed a band-aid. I said, "Go ahead and go get one". What I come back to find is a little boy with a band-aid so large, wrapped around his toes, that the whole top half of his foot was covered. The worst part... after the band-aid is on for 30 seconds, he says, "I feel better", takes it off, and tosses it in the trash. Ugh.... :)
Top Mommy Blogs - Vote for us @ TopMommyBlogs.Com!
No comments:
Post a Comment