Sunday, May 9, 2010

My Peaceful Mother's Day


Mother's Day has seen more exciting times, even in my short history of being a mom. However, this one was exactly how I wanted it, and therefore, perfect. Sometimes those days without plans turn out to be some of the happiest ones. This was certainly one of those days. Being 9 months pregnant, I couldn't do much of anything too exciting anyway.

We relaxed a good half day. I spent a couple hours on the couch with my Husband, going through all his music and taking any I wanted that for some reason, I didn't have. We both have our own laptops now, so sometimes I miss out on songs when he uploads them to Zune. All came through except the ONE I really wanted. "Feel Like Makin' Love" by Bad Company Go figure. Must try again asap.

We got ready and picked up some fast food, which didn't make me feel very good about myself, but it was pretty tasty. We took it to a nice, secluded, and very toddler friendly, park that we had yet to visit. Stoner Park in West L.A. has been cleaned up real nice and is a great small and semi private park to visit. I mainly sat there eating most of the time, while my Husband played with our Son. I enjoyed seeing them both have such a good time. Every now and then my Husband would sit down with me and we'd get to chat a little. I even got up and tried to play with my Son a bit. I look forward to no longer being pregnant, so I can get down and play with him like I used to.

We rented a fantastically priced $1 a night Redbox movie on the way home. "Couples Retreat". Relaxed some more, watched the movie, ate dinner, and ended a peaceful day with a peaceful night. How wonderful. The best way to spend Mother's Day, is with the people who make me a Mom!


Top Mommy Blogs - Vote for us @ TopMommyBlogs.Com!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...