Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Passing Time While Pregnant

While we wait as patiently as possible for our new baby to join us on the outside, my son and I are having fun at home, finding ways to pass the time.

Last night I had the intense urge to make crafts. So, when my husband got home from work, my son and I went to spend 2 1/2 hours at the craft store. We stocked up on all kinds of great supplies that should keep us busy. It's been a whole day now, and I am still hoping the urge was my version of nesting. I LOVE to clean so I cannot tell by those urges. Seriously, it thrills me to clean my bathroom. I am a freak of nature, or so I've been told. Anyway, we came home armed with crafting supplies.

Today, I made my first "no sew fleece blanket" for my daughter. This year, I've decided, is the year I will finally buy a sewing machine and take up sewing. There are so many things I want to make that require sewing skills. However, since I am due to have a baby at any moment, I do not think right now is the best time to take it up. A couple months from now I will. To pacify, I went the no sew route and made a cute blanket for her to enjoy whenever she decides to come out. While I made that, my son painted the birdhouse he bought.



Then I got a frozen package in the mail, so my son and I spent about 30 minutes playing with some dry ice. I've never owned any of the stuff before, so it was great fun for me too.





Best of all perhaps, was getting my Thirsties Duo diaper covers in the mail. They were the final pieces to our cloth diapering collection. I am going through cloth diapering withdrawals since my son is now potty trained. I love cloth diapering like I love cleaning my bathroom! Weeee, I get to do it full time again any day now.


Top Mommy Blogs - Vote for us @ TopMommyBlogs.Com!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...